3rd INTERNATIONAL WORKSHOP ON CONTEXT MODELING AND MANAGEMENT FOR SMART ENVIRONMENTS (CMMSE'09)
Workshop website: http://flash.lakeheadu.ca/~rbenlamr/cmmse09/
In conjunction with the Fourth IEEE International Conference on Digital Information Management -ICDIM'09 (http://www.icdim.org )
We invite you to submit a paper to CMMSE'09 which will be held in Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA on November 1-4, 2009.
CMMSE'09 is an IEEE Technology Management Council technically co-sponsored workshop covering a wide range of topics in Context Modeling and Management for Smart Environments. CMMSE'09 in conjunction with ICDIM'09 provides an excellent opportunity for researchers to exchange leading-edge research in the dynamic field of ubiquitous computing, and context-aware computing in particular. Topics of the workshop include, but are not limited to:
- Context modeling approaches in smart environments;
- Context management approaches in smart environments;
- Context reasoning in smart environments;
- Hybrid context models;
- Context discovery in smart environments;
- Context reuse in smart environments;
- Advanced issues in context modeling (imperfections, ambiguity and incompleteness)
- Context information query;
- Distribution of context information;
- Scalability, integration and reuse of context models;
- Interoperability of context modeling approaches;
- Security and privacy of context information
- Experiences using context models and reasoning to build smart environments.
- Ontology-based approaches to context modeling and reasoning
- Evaluation of context models
- Context Modeling Languages and middleware
- Semantics and expressiveness of context models
- Domain specific context models (context-awareness in e-learning, e-commerce, etc)
- Uncertainty modeling and management of context information
The proceedings of the Workshop will be published by IEEE Computer Society and indexed by IEEE Xplore. Extended version of selected papers will be considered for publication in a Special Issue of the International Journal of Emerging Technologies In Web Intelligence JETWI http://www.academypublisher.com/jetwi/index.html . The Workshop chairs are the guest editors for this special Issue on "Context-Aware Services for Mobile and Ubiquitous Systems".
We invite contributions that advance the state-of-the-art in topics related to the workshop themes. Researchers are invited to submit papers with a page limit of 6 pages. All submissions should use the standard IEEE double-column format. Authors should e-mail their submissions to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org .
|Paper submission:|| July 17, 2009|
|Notification of acceptance:|| August 14, 2009|
|Camera-ready papers due: || September 1, 2009 |
For more details on how to submit a paper and the workshop, consult the workshop website at http://flash.lakeheadu.ca/~rbenlamr/cmmse09/ .
Rachid Benlamri & Soraya M. Kouadri